- Ideal for relaxation, entertainment and enjoyment
- A perfect place to share with family and friends for any reason, any season or any occasion
- Privacy and comfort on a one-acre property with peaceful surroundings makes our vacation rental unique
- 148′ of water frontage on the shores of Georgian Bay … facing east over beautiful sun (and moon) rises
- Our property is available year-round with seasonal rates
- Perfect for 10 adult guests, accommodates up to 16 (with children)
- Great for Honeymoons, Christmas, New Years, small family reunions, gatherings and other family celebrations
- It is also ideal for small meetings, private retreats, seminars and conferences. We welcome scrap bookers, quilters, birders, photographers, astronomy buffs, stargazers, hikers, kayakers and bicycling enthusiasts (secure garage for equipment)
- Beautiful cross-country skiing, snowshoe and hiking trails (over 15 km groomed) with 5 comfort / rest stations (outhouses) on over 430 acres of private nature reserve and managed forest.
- We easily connect to off-site trails linking to District 9 OFSC Snowmobile Trails. There is ample trailer parking with direct access to our trails.
- Golf courses nearby (3 within less than 15 minutes) including Links course: www.CobbleBeach.com plus Legacy Golf & Country Club (formerly Owen Sound G&CC) and Wiarton Golf Course.
- Downhill skiing, snowboarding nearby (Blue Mountain is less than 1 hour away).
- Nature lovers: over 430 acres of adjacent private sub-escarpment land used as a private nature reserve and managed forest with over 15 km of hiking trails throughout — available to Retreat guests and open to the public
- Dark sky on our acreage plus within an hour of the Bruce Peninsula National Park (and World Biosphere Reserve)
- Wireless Internet accessible throughout home
- Air-conditioned throughout for your comfort
- Fully equipped for your convenience — after all, it is a ‘vacation’ not a moving day!!
Supplied are: linens, bedding, pillows, comforters, blankets; towels; basic condiments; coffee, tea, Keurig (with a sampling of K-cups); laundry supplies; paper goods and more
Basically, you bring clothes, food and personal hygiene items
UPGRADES IN 2015
- 3 new double pull-out couches in recreation room
- new double pull-out couch in great room
- 2 additional sling chairs with hassocks in great room
UPGRADES IN 2016
- 5-burner propane barbecue (off kitchen)
- kitchen stove with self-cleaning convection oven
- 60″ wall-mounted television in recreation room — perfect for group presentations (room can be re-arranged to accommodate 6 tables or theatre-style up to 40 chairs)
- 42″ televisions in great room and master bedroom
- upgrades to wiring for all entertainment equipment
- ping pong table in garage
- new propane large capacity hot water heater installed
- retaining wall built on north side of house at base of deck
- additional griddle — pancakes for all
- great room floor stripped, sanded and urethaned
UPGRADES IN 2017
- upgraded majority of lights to LED; balance are CFLs
- television in recreation room now has a dedicated HD receiver
- new draperies in recreation room and great room
- bamboo sheets for queen beds
- kitchen light fixtures replaced